Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Empty
PostSubject: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:51 pm

((OOC: In all honesty, I'm not too sure how the logistics (in-game) of this topic are going to work ... but hey, let's just have fun! Anyone is welcome to join in who wants to ... "party"? But definitely Tyner. Because ... the Celebration is for you ... ... ?? OKAY! Here we go ! ))

((Oh also, this particular post is before Archea gets to the East, but at the end of the post, he is in the East, and probably hanging around somewhere, so he is available to interact. Smile ))

Archea did not know when it had first begun, but it was common knowledge throughout the East that when someone new rose to the throne (no matter how they acquired it), the people of the Empire threw a magnificent celebration. Well, really, the richer, upper-class families of the Empire threw the party, and everyone else was just invited.

They also threw these large events for the birth of princes and princesses, marriages, coming-of-age birthdays, and countless other, royal things they deemed celebratory. Some would say the people of the Empire were just genuinely good citizens, who cared about their royalty. Others would say the people of the Empire just liked to get off work and party. It really was a mix of both.

Archea had received a letter from his parents a couple weeks before the festivities were to start. Not only had they not seen him in a very long time, and would love to have their son back home again, but they also wanted him to help out. (Everyone was expected to contribute in some way or another.) For this celebration was not just a one-night party; it was galas, and banquets, and carnivals, and parades, and many other things that took a lot of coordination and planning.

And so, Archea had planned to head out right away, because he knew it took about a week to get from the North to the East. But, first, he needed to do something.

Everyone in the Empire was invited, regardless of his or her social or economic status. They were also allowed to bring a guest. Which meant, a lot of people from outside of the Empire showed up, and even some from the neighboring lands. Archea wanted his guest to be none other than King Just Cedric.

Unfortunately, with Cedric’s busy schedule as King, Archea hadn’t been able to find a chance to talk to him in person, before he left. So instead, he wrote his friend a very nice letter, using the best parchment and ink he could find, and sealed with a perfect, red, wax stamp.

Dear King Just Cedric,

As you might have heard, the East has a new king! It is in the Empire’s tradition to host a celebration for this new king, and so, I am off to the East in order to give my help and see my family, of whom I have not spoken to in a while.

I am writing this letter, because, as my dearest friend, I am inviting you, as my guest, to the celebration of the new king!

Politically speaking, it would be a great chance to ally yourself with King Tyner and the Eastern Empire. Funnily enough, you two also share the commonality of having only first names!

Personally speaking, I’d love for you to meet my mother, father, and sister. I have already, briefly spoken of you to my sister, and she is quite eager to meet you. I am also sure my parents would love to know that I am in close relations with a king!

I am deeply sorry that I am not able to ask you this, in person. With the celebration only two weeks away, the Empire is in a bit of a last-minute panic, and I must hurry to reach my homeland before people start killing each other over what color the fabric of the napkins should be.

I do, so dearly, hope that you are able to attend this celebration as my honored guest. I will have an attendant waiting for you at the Empire’s port in a week – I will be extremely saddened if he returns home without you. 

Let us be reunited quickly!

Yours truly,
Archea Altair

The night he left, Archea had slipped from the dining room, while Cedric was preoccupied, and snuck into the King’s chambers, where he lay the letter gently on a pillow, and then stole away into the night.

~

Arrival to the Empire was hectic, but also comforting. The familiar din and bustle of the city made Archea want to run through the streets like he was a kid again. But he wasn’t here for nostalgia – he was here to work.
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

Glory : 3

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Bringing his hand up to rub the sleep from his eyes, Cedric walked to his bedroom. He hadn't seen Archea after dinner but he expected him to be asleep. It was after all, well into the night... or would it be morning?

Opening the door to his room, he noticed something was different. He let his eyes scan the room, and saw the problem. There was a note on his pillow.

That wasn't there before.

Cedric walked over to the note, picked it up, and eyed it.

"...A love letter?" It did look the part. Fine parchment, folded perfectly, and sealed with a perfect, actually perfect by the gods, red wax stamp. That didn't make sense, how could it have gotten there?

Time to open it and find out, what could he lose? Upon opening he recognized his friend's handwriting.

"...Archea wrote me a love letter?" Cedric spoke allowed. What? He quickly read the letter. Not a love one, but an invitation. He should really have a talk to Archea about getting his hopes up.

He did want him to meet his family, so that was a plus. A new king with only a first name? Cedric shrugged, then paused. Why is he talking to himself and using gestures to no one?

He shook his head slightly, and continued reading. He really was tired.

I am also sure my parents would love to know that I am in close relations with a king!

Cedric paused at this line, and chuckled. He hoped Archea would rephrase that for his parents, or it may come off as they were in a romantic relationship. Cedric looked up from reading the letter and stared at the wall.

"Why do I keep thinking about being in a romantic endeavour with my best friend?"

"Maybe you need to sleep, my lord." The knight by his door spoke up. "Or maybe you should confess your feelings."

Cedric looked abruptly at his guard, and pointed a finger at him.

"That's a warning, Griffin." Cedric whispered warningly. "That's a warning."

"Sure it is, Sir." The knight calmly closed the door.

Cedric smiled at the closed door, then frowned.

He needed less sassy help, sleep, and arrangements for joining Archea at his party.

Last edited by Cedric on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thermodymagic.tumblr.com
Tyner
Tyner

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Tyner stood face to face, nose to nose, with the red faced ex-king turned advisor. Both men shouting, like two wolves snarling over a kill. This was the battle that had occupied the day, over such a simple request from Tyner during breakfast. 

Tyner gave the ex-king, Lindell, a small shove before shouting, "Why does this matter to you? It's just a color, and I hate red!" His fingers curled into tiny little balls forming fists, ready to clock the man again. 

Lindell turned around, throwing his hands into the air, "The dining room has been red since the conception of this land!" He dropped his arms, saying in a low tone, "Gods... help me."

Another rebuttal from Tyner, "Gods help you!? Red is hideous! It almost invokes me to strike someone down when I wipe my mouth with a red napkin!" Tyner ran his fingers through his hair, and rubbed his face before shaking his head and walking off. 

Lindell shouted after him, "What are you doing?!" He started to walk toward him, but hesitated, knowing he had probably agitated him to his wits end. "Fine, I'll take care of the day's business."

Tyner took a few more steps before spinning around, "You weren't so bull headed when I threw you out of that throne and declared my self king!" But Lindell just waved him off while he walked. With that done, he turned back toward the palace gate and walked, breathing heavily due to his frustration.

The color of the napkins didn't really matter to Tyner, he was just too stubborn to retreat on something he casually mentioned at the table. It was stupid, childish really, that they hadn't been spending the day training new guardsmen or discussing actual problems.

He stood at the gates, wishing he had never stepped foot in that throne room. Tyner did so after all, only out of anger. If the guard was spread out, he would've never had to deal with the beast man. 

He counted out the gold in his pocket, and stepped out into the town, with no real destination in mind. At least the city had some beauty to it, for it calmed him in minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:06 am

((OOC: I'm going to post this, but other people can still join in anytime.))

Archea went straight to work once he arrived back in the East. As much as the Empire loved throwing these Celebrations, there was always a bit of disorganization in the ranks. Gathering the help of some old friends, Archea slowly started to get everything back on track. In a sense, though he did not outright take charge, he did, in a sense, become sort of like the glue that was holding everything together. But he didn’t like to think about it that way, because really, everyone contributed and helped out in their own way, and so everyone should be given credit.

However, Archea did have to admit, even if everyone was helping out, he was still extremely busy, himself. He barely even had time to sit down with his parents for a cup of tea, or even really sleep, before someone was knocking on his door and asking, “Sir, the Cook would like to run something by you.” God dammit, get someone else to do it.

Soon enough, he was going a little crazy. The latest absurdity was about the old king wanting red napkins and the new king being against it. Archea had nothing against the new king’s wishes, of course, but why was this being made such a big deal? He couldn’t handle it anymore – he needed a break.

Finally, Archea’s chance came when his assistant-whatever-person was called away to attend on something-or-other. He didn’t remember; he didn’t care. Archea bolted out of that castle.

Out in the city streets, where no one told him what he needed to do (other than, “Move out of the way!”), Archea began to relax. The sun shone brightly, but it wasn’t too hot. Children played and dodged between the laden carts of the merchants. Woman shopped and laughed and gossiped, and the men smoked their pipes and played cards. All was well. 

Archea lost track of time as he meandered down the cobbled roads. He probably would’ve ended up wandering forever if his attention had not been attracted by another figure. A figure that also seemed to be ambling through the city with no real purpose. A figure that was the new king himself.

“Your Majesty!” Archea called out, before he registered the thought that maybe the king wanted to be alone, and that’s why he was out on the streets … alone. But it was too late now; Archea might as well introduce himself.

“King Tyner,” he greeted cheerfully, as he approached and gave a bow. “It is an honor to finally meet you, and I do say, congratulations! Long live the King!” Archea smiled sincerely, his eyes crinkling a little at the corners. “My name is Archea Altair, and it is a pleasure to serve you as one of the head organizers for the Celebration. I hope that everything is and will be to your liking, and if you have any concerns, please, let me know, for I am happy to help.”

Archea knew he spoke pretty formally, but, since the king didn’t know him well yet, it was only the right thing to do for now. Perhaps later, Archea would be able to speak to him as he spoke to Cedric. Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 1:29 am

[[Same as Archea, those who still want to join can, I'll just be going now to move things along.]]

Cedric reached the East after traveling across the borders. Taking a deep breath, Cedric went to go find the attendant Archea had mentioned. Cedric thought maybe he was early, because he couldn't find anyone. Shrugging, he started walking through Archea's home.

Cedric watched people pass, hearing talk of the party. He knew where it was by now, and how to get there, but he was enjoying his stroll. Just as when he was traveling, he was remembering past adventures in the East. One face stood out among them, but he stopped it before it came to surface.

He had had enough of the past sneaking up on him for awhile to come.

As he was walking by two figures, he suddenly stops. He had been so out of it he had almost walked right by his friend.

"Well, that's convenient." Cedric smiled, bowing slightly to his friend. "Hunky the Explorer, we meet again."

Cedric glanced over and noticed the other man. Cedric took in his appearance, truly he was a kind man whoever he was. It was in his body language, as was lingering irritation. Cedric tilted his head at that, he wondered what had happened earlier.

"Hello, kind gentleman," Cedric bowed slightly to him as well, winking. "I am Cedric, king of the North. I'm here to welcome the new king." 

Cedric suddenly noticed he was very close to Archea, and Griffin's face popped into his head. Honestly, how could one guard cause Cedric this much self doubt. He didn't have to be flirting with everything ALL the time.

On the bright side, he would be able to meet new people in the East. Maybe buy presents for everyone back in the North.

Except Griffin. He would get a rock.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Ivan walked down the street, amazed by all of the new sights and smells here in the East. All of these buildings were so different and interesting. He was to busy looking at all of the interesting buildings and merchandise being sold that he ran into some one, quickly catching his balance h made sure the other was fine too. When he looked at who he had ran into he noticed that it was Cedric. He broke into a smile at the sight of his friend and said, "Ah Cedric, it's good to see you!" Then he turned quickly to the others, and extended his hand to each of them in turn. "I'm Ivan king of the West, and this man over here" he motioned to Cedric, "who you seem to know, told me that this would be the best place to meet the new king!"

(i think that's ok, tell me if i missed something)
Back to top Go down
Tyner
Tyner

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Tyner had managed to spend the few coins he brought with him, mostly on a round of drinks for the celebratory city. As far as he knew, he was to spend the next few days surrounded by the cities elite where they were more than likely try too hard to buddy up. These few hours of being surrounded by his own people would serve him well, at least when it came to putting up with the others. By now, he was at least a few blocks away from the tavern.

One of the men at the tavern, proclaimed something or another about an "Order," but he was drunk out of his wits. Tyner chuckled as the sight of the man plummeting face first into the floor reentered his mind. The memory was cutoff when he heard a "Your majesty!"

Tyner kept walking, not ignoring the call out disrespect, but due to the fact that he wasn't used to such a title. It wasn't until he heard his name that he turned to listen to the person calling after him. He noticed a few heads turn their way as the stranger approached. Addressing himself as the head organizer, Tyner's hand dove immediately into void that was his right pocket. It took him a second of scrounging to remember that he had already given away the coins. 

Tyner gave a small bow right back, "Speak as if you were talking to a friend, Arch-" he had more to say, but another man came and talked to Archea. The two seemed awfully close, like they had a long history. He rubbed his chin as the other man introduced himself King of the North. Tyner would bow again, this time to both of the men.

Annnd another interuption, this time by the King of the West. Tyner returned the handshake, and debated on bowing a third time for his introduction. Instead he put his hand on his chest, "Gentlemen," he did tilt his head slightly, "Tyner of the East."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 pm

When King Tyner gave Archea a small bow in return, he was a little surprised. And then immediately following, the King was saying, “Speak as if you were talking to a friend.” Did that mean they were already friends? Archea was flattered, to say the least, and a bit excited. Maybe it wasn’t that hard to make friends with kings after all. (Cedric didn’t count, because he wasn’t a king when they met.)

Speaking of the devil, a third figure sauntered his way over to Tyner and Archea. It was none other than Cedric, himself. He bowed at Archea, too, but it was more understandable, because it was part of their friendship. Like how Cedric called him, “Hunky the Explorer,” and Archea wanted to stick out his tongue and make a face (because, come on, he was a true child at heart), but he didn’t because he was in the presence of a King. (Again, Cedric didn’t count, because … he was just Cedric.)

“Hello, kind gentlemen. I am Cedric, king of the North. I’m here to welcome the new king.”

Archea was about to introduce their relations to Tyner, and let Cedric know that this was the new king, when a fourth figure appeared on the scene.

This time it happened to be the Knight! (Archea still did not know his name … he should probably get on that.)

“Ah, Cedric, it’s good to see you!” Ah, so Cedric must’ve invited him. (Archea didn’t dwell on the feeling that arose in him at that realization.) The Knight extended his arm to shake hands with everyone. Archea wondered if the Knight recognized or remembered him, because he hadn’t made any indication of it yet. He had only really greeted Cedric. (A teensy weensy part of him, in the deepest darkest part of being, glowered at the thought of Cedric and the Knight.)

“I’m Ivan, king of the West.” Well, that was new … or … was it? Did Archea know about that before? He couldn’t remember. “And this man over here, who you seem to know, told me that this would be the best place to meet the new king!”

Oh gods. Did neither of them know that the new king was standing right in front of them? Archea was about to pipe up when Tyner spoke. Maybe he’d introduce himself properly!

“Tyner of the East,” was all he really said. Archea made a uuuwaaaaghh sound in his head.

King Tyner of the East!” Archea clapped his hands together and tried not to look too exasperated. “Cedric, Ivan – this is the new king!”

He then turned to address Tyner, “Cedric is a good friend of mine, and I also thought it would be nice to meet another King whom you could be friends with!” Archea glanced at Ivan. “And then Cedric must’ve invited Ivan …” his voice trailed off.

Gods. Not even five minutes into meeting the new king and he was already making a fool of himself.
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Cedric felt someone bump into him, a big someone. Cedric would have been caught off balance if he hadn't reached out to hold Archea for support. Cedric smiled inwardly, that was a good symbol of their friendship, really.

"Ah Cedric, it's good to see you!" 

"It's good to see you too, Bulldozer," Cedric smiled, glancing at Archea to question if it was alright that he invited Ivan. They had a meeting before Cedric left, about politics. In the process Ivan announced he wanted to get all the royalty together and well, Archea was honestly the best person to do that.

Cedric instead was greeted with what looked like... jealousy? In his friends eyes. Cedric grinned widely at seeing that, honestly he couldn't be comparing himself to the knight?

Right when Cedric was about to say something along those lines, the man with Archea introduced himself.

"Tyner of the East." Cedric paused. Oh, this was the new king.

King Tyner of the East!” Archea chimed after, probably to make sure we knew. Cedric smiled at Tyner.

"I apologize, King. Being interrupted so much must truly take a toll on one's patience." Cedric bowed deeply to Tyner, winking as he straightened. "It's a joy to meet you."

“Cedric is a good friend of mine, and I also thought it would be nice to meet another King whom you could be friends with!” Cedric watched as Archea glanced at Ivan. “And then Cedric must’ve invited Ivan …” his voice trailed off. Cedric chuckled, and put his arm around Archea's shoulders and leaned in slightly.

"No need to be jealous, friend. He's here for politics," Cedric whispered into Archea's ear before pulling back and smiling brightly at the others.

Maybe that was a love note, Cedric mused. 

"I'm excited to celebrate your new throne, especially because my best friend's," Cedric smirked as he glanced around the town around them, noticing a few had stopped at the commotion that had taken place. They were quickly losing interest however, which was just as well. "Family is throwing it, speaking of; when do I get to meet them?"
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Ivan was surprised, but glad to meet the king, "it's good to meet you" he said with a smile. The king seemed nice enough, but the other member of their little group was a bit odd, they seemed a bit flustered, and as Ivan looked closer he recognized them as one of the original people from the tavern. He gave this other a quick nod and returned his attention to the other kings. After Cedric had said his piece Ivan nodded and said, "looking forward to this party, I've never been to the East before and I think this experience will do me well. Ah, but Tyner we must unfortunately talk politics at some point, no way around it!" he said this last bit with a slightly sad smile, the laughed and clapped Tyner on the shoulder. "when does the party start? and where is it?"
Back to top Go down
Tyner
Tyner

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 pm

A small chuckle escaped from him, as he noticed Archea was behaving like a much more agreeable Lindell. The whole group that stood before him seemed to know each other well, based on the way they communicated... that and Archea said they knew eachother well. Their body language also added itself to the mixture, leaving a chemistry of comraddery that Tyner could only be jealous of. He wouldn't show it however. 

When he heard Cedric apologize, Tyner would reply with "No need to, you made no offense," before returning yet another bow, "It's a pleasure to meet you too. And you Ivan." He thought about it for a second and imagined Archea chiming in, "King Ivan!"

"Err," he paused, "King Ivan, I mean." He supposed none of it mattered, as Cedric went on to talk about his excitement of the party, as did Ivan, before briefly mentioning politics.

"King Ivan, I haven't the slightest clue as to when the party starts," he turned nodded to Archea, "But I'm sure he knows. As for politics, how about after the party, before you gentlemen leave for home, so long as nothing comes up?"

[Sorry I had to cut this one a bit short, but it got the point across.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:32 pm

While Cedric exchanged words with both Ivan and King Tyner, Archea stood there with a thin smile on his face, trying his best not to look pained.

All of a sudden, though, an arm was wrapping itself around Archea’s shoulders, and a voice was whispering in his ear: “No need to be jealous, friend. He’s here for politics.”

It was then really all reflex (truly, truly reflex. No thought to it. Just instinct. Aaaand maybe, slightly, a teeny bit of embarrassment – shown by the light pink coloring that crept into his cheeks) that made Archea’s arm bend at the elbow and then jab straight back, right into Cedric’s side. He hoped it hurt; he hoped it hurt a lot.

Archea then turned promptly to Cedric, and in a hushed but urgent voice, said, “I … I have no idea what you are talking about.” He really wanted to hit Cedric again. Or something. He had a lot of anger in him – he didn’t know why. Probably just all the stress of planning the event and whatnot all piled up on each other and then on him.

Fortunately for Cedric, Tyner’s words drew Archea’s attention away from thoughts of physical harm. “I haven’t the slightest clue as to when the party starts, but I’m sure he knows.” The “he” was Archea.

When King Tyner had finished speaking, Archea piped in to answer the question. “Yes, the party starts in day around. Not tomorrow, but the next day. You’ll hear the opening parade and such from wherever you are in the city. The Celebration goes on for five days.”

“Day activities, such as the carnival, fair, market, food, and such, will be out here on the main streets. At night the dances will be held in the courtyard, the throne room, and the garden – kind of a go around where you please, sort of thing. I think there is also Tea being held in the garden at occasions, for those more sophisticated or wanting to escape the bustle of the streets.”

“The day of the fifth there will be a closing parade, and at night there will be fireworks! Also, personally, I do suggest the masquerade ball! It is a favorite of many of the Empire’s citizens, and it looks to be very good this year!” Archea finished his spiel toward Ivan, and then turned to Cedric.

It might have seemed like he had not been listening at all to what Cedric was saying earlier, but in fact, Archea did hear all of it. And of course, he had to address the most important part: “Tomorrow, Cedric, I will take you to meet my family.”

((OOC: okay, obviously we don't have to RP around the entire five days. we can skip stuff and whatnot. like Archea is probably gonna go take cedric to meet his family. I guess you guys could tag along? I'm not too sure how splitting up a group of people in an RP like this works. But yeah. Anyways. We could also jump, after that, to the masquerade ball (just because masquerades, yay), and you Kings to talking about politics... etc etc.. Smile )) I'm on mobile and I messed up the coloring so ignore this weird color thank you
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:52 am

Immediately Cedric felt pain go through his side as Archea struck him.

“I … I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Cedric put his hand to his side as casually as he could, and smiled brightly at the other two with them. Cedric would have believed Archea, except he stuttered and blushed. Cedric held in his mischievous giggles.

“I haven’t the slightest clue as to when the party starts, but I’m sure he knows.”  Cedric Smiled at the new king, and put his hand on Archea's shoulder. He was glad he acknowledged Archea's role. In fact, he seemed very impressed with Archea. It would be great for Archea to get even more royal friends, it would keep him safe... so why did that thought make him uneasy? Certainly he wasn't jealous.

He couldn't be, he was Cedric. Ruler of the North, master assassin, womanizer, richest man alive... He suppressed these thoughts and listened to Archea talk about the festival... He'd have to send someone to Griffin to let him know he'd be gone longer.

“Tomorrow, Cedric, I will take you to meet my family.” Cedric's side stopped hurting immediately, and he smiled.

"You know, if that's the case," Cedric turned to the other two. "If I don't show up at the party it will be because I am a foolish man who lives with adventure and risk. It was a joy to meet you, Tyner, we're going to be great friends. Let's meet up during the party, Ivan as well." Cedric winked at Tyner, and offered him a handshake. Cedric smiled at Ivan and gave him a quick wave before he turned to Archea.

He could see him avoiding eye contact, and Cedric's smile broadened until his cheeks hurt.

"That was totally a love letter, and I accept your proposal." Cedric winked jokingly at Archea, and caressed his face. He quickly turned and ran down the street, knowing the other two wouldn't know what he was talking about. Archea seemed too on-edge from the party, if that hit on the side was any indication. Cedric was ready to ease that tension, even if it meant running for his life as he was currently doing.

He'd be sure to frame that letter and put it in the throne room where everyone could see it.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:26 am

Ivan listened as the man he kind of remembered described the party. It seemed quite extravagant, nothing like anything Ivan had ever been to in the west, or any other land for that matter. "You easterners sure to love to celebrate your royalty!" He exclaimed with a smile and a laugh. Cedric talked abit more and then gave them both what Ivan was going to assume was a farewell.Cedric then turned to the one Ivan almost remembered. Ivan was about to say something to King Tyner when he noticed that Cedric seemed,to... be making a move on the guy he almost remembered. This puzzled Ivan a bit, and his confusion deepened when Cedric turned and ran off down the street, Ivan looked confusedly at both of the men left standing with him, "Well I guess we'll wee him later!" he said in a slightly puzzled tone. "Tyner, it's been good to meet you, and you don't have to call me king Ivan, just Ivan will do. I look forwards to creating a friendship between our lands." Then he turned to the other man, "It's been nice to meet you again, and i wish you the best of luck, with that dufus of a King who just ran away." After that Ivan bowed to both of them and headed back toward his lodging, but then he remembered something he wanted to say, "I am also interested in how you people throw parties, but remember my chief reason for being here is politics so..." and he left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Tyner
Tyner

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:19 am

The three before him were definitely a strange bunch, but strange was good, because strange is entertaining. Well, Ivan probably wasnt strange on his own, but with these two he was. Tyner definitely didn't catch on to the banter between Archea and Cedric, but only because his attention was occupied with other things. Tyner didn't even know how the party was going to go, so the fact that it was going to be open came as a pleasant suprise. 

As Cedric ran off down the street, Tyner waved and shouted to him "Then farewell! I truly hope you'll make it!" He turned to Archea, "You can go after him if you wish. Not that you needed my permission." It was then, that it dawned on Tyner what their banter was about. He thought about saying more, but decided that what he had said was appropriate for the situation anyway.

Ivan appeared to be taking his leave too. Tyner said to him, "Well then Ivan, tomorrow, before the celebration, we shall discuss politics so you may enjoy the festivities in full." With that, Tyner would also take his leave, and head back to the castle. Before walking away, he would turn to Archea (if he chose not to go after Cedric) and say "Well then, let's head back. I've still got guards that require training, and I'm sure you have some party plans that require attention." It was strange, that the others acted more friendly than they did formally, but it was also comforting to know that not all kings were like Lindell. 

[For the fine viewers of this topic, Lindell is the ex-king. Tyner kept him around to advise him on politics, given that Tyner has no experience in that area. AS for how we are going to split up, my buddy Jeslan said that he had a similar experience on a different site, and that they made two new topics for the two groups, and had them join again after the two groups were finished. My suggestion is that Ivan and I make a topic for politics, while Archea and Cedric make one for his family. Then, afterward we'd make another topic for the actual festivity. Only my suggestion though, someone else probably has a better idea.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:01 pm

((OOC: 1- Tyner's idea works and Jasper approves of it! Just a modification though: we'll each make our own topic (Tyner, Ivan) (Archea, Cedric), but then when we're all ready, we can just come back to this topic and revive it. How's that sound? 
2- It's my turn next, but then I think after that everyone can split ways until we return back to here.))

“You know, if that’s the case, if I don’t show up at the party it will be because I am a foolish man who lives with adventure and risk.”

Archea didn’t even know what Cedric was going on about now, but he didn’t care. Or at least, he tried to make it look like he didn’t care. Archea thought a nice, resounding slap to Cedric’s face would be good right about now. But he was also in the presence of a King. Yes, that’s right – a King. Cedric didn’t count, and he didn’t want to think about Ivan right now.

He didn’t want to think about anything right now. Aside with slapping Cedric, a nice long, bath, plus a nap in his very cushiony bed, would be the best thing ever. Lost in this daydream of comfort, Archea wasn’t really listening as Cedric went on with his farewells to Tyner and Ivan.

Archea sensed that Cedric had turned toward him after he finished speaking to the others. But he still wasn’t really with it, and he didn’t particularly want to look at his friend, either. So Archea just stood there, feigning indifference. But then Cedric said some not very wise words.

“That was totally a love letter, and I accept your proposal.” Cedric had the guts to then caress Archea’s face! Archea was too stunned (and too angry) to do anything right away. Too late in his actions, Cedric was already gone, running away down the streets.

Archea was livid. He told his body to move – to go after Cedric and beat the living daylights out of him if that’s what it took. But it also seemed that everything (the stress) had culminated at that particular moment, and his body settled into that limbo of much-too-tired-to-do-anything and just wanting to collapse right there and then, but also heightened so much that his entire being was physically shaking.

Through this all, he missed Ivan’s entire farewell, and only registered the Knight-turned-King as he was walking away. Tyner’s voice, directed at him, became tinny in Archea’s ears, and even his eyesight was becoming blurry. He blinked it away and tried his best to seem attentive to King Tyner’s words. Something about going after Cedric (ugh) or going back to the castle for party training or guards that require attention? Archea couldn’t focus – this wasn’t working.

“Actually, sir … if you’ll excuse me … I, um, I need to … I need to retrieve something … at my house … yes, okay … well, see you then … tomorrow, sir. Farewell … ” Archea wasn’t too sure what even had just come out of his mouth. All he knew was that needed shade, cold water, a nice bed, and a long nap.

He did a clumsy bow at Tyner, and then tried-to-not-stumble his way off in the somewhat-direction of his house. He hoped Cedric would use his Cedric-assassin-intuition to eventually find him and/or the house. Archea still needed to slap him – he just wasn’t feeling too well at the moment.

((OOC: We can split now I guess ^.^ unless anyone else has anything ?? but technically, both cedric and ivan have "left the scene" so ... ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)   A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Celebration of the New King of the East (no killing)
Page 1 of 1