Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
Story Time (anyone can join) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Story Time (anyone can join)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krasare
Krasare

Glory : 1

Story Time (anyone can join) Empty
PostSubject: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 pm

The Lodge seemed like a decent place. Nice and big. There seemed to be a bar near the back end of the main floor. There were a couple men drinking back there. More towards the front area there seemed to be a lot of kids running around. Probably better that they were running around in here then running around outside in the cold. “They might end up like me.” Krasare thought while he was looking for the owner or at least someone he should tell that he was here. The bar tender seemed to be waving him over.

“What’re ya here for stranger?” the bartender asked in a gruff voice. He was relatively large and tall man. Not quite built like the dock men but he looked strong at least.

“Mostly passing through. I just needed to stop and warm up by the fire a bit if that’s ok with you.” Krasare said. The man looked at Krasare who must have looked like a frozen rat to him because the bartender bursted out laughing. The men at the bar also started snickering.

“Not from around here are ya? No, you wouldn’t be worried about frostbite then if you were. Go ahead and have a seat by the fire. Do you want anything to drink?” The man was at least friendly. Friendlier than he seemed starting off at least.

“Thanks for the offer, but unless it’s free I don’t think I have enough money to justify it.” Krasare said looking at the lowly 10 gold he had in his pocket.

Krasare moved one of the chairs to right in front of the fireplace. He put his, now frozen, coat on the back of the chair and sat down facing towards the rest of the lodge area.  

“Don’t worry this one is on the house.” Said the bar tender as he came up behind Krasare and gave him a mug. “It’ll help get ya warmed up.” He said as he was laughing and moved back to behind the bar.

Krasare took one sip. Ugh, he thought, that’s beer alright. Krasare never did care much for the taste of beer. It was making him feel warmer though at least. He took a look around the room. The kids seemed to have disappeared. Puzzled Krasare took another sip of the beer.

Suddenly there was a poke that nearly scared him out of his seat. He turned around and found a group of kids as scared as he was. One was particularly more frightened than the others. This one was standing behind the chair.

“Oh” Krasare laughed. “You shouldn’t sneak up on folks, might end up scaring the life out of them.” The kids seemed to calm down a little.

“Hey mister, are you a snowman?” one of the kids asked. Man do I really look that bad Krasare thought.

“No, I’m just not used to being around here.” Krasare chuckled. “A lot more snow than I’m used to.”

“Where are you from mister?” a small girl asked.

“Alright, enough of this mister stuff. My name is Krasare please call me that.” Krasare could never stand formalities for too long and these kids seemed like they were going to continue talking to him for a while. “As to where I’m from, that’s a little hard to say. I lost my memory around seven years ago. So I don’t know where I hail from. I can say with certainty that it wasn’t here however.” he chuckled again.

“Kra…sare, Krasare. I’ve never heard that name before.” said another boy.

“I would assume so. I decided to call myself that after I lost my memory. I guess it makes me unique.” Krasare said.

One of the girls laughed “It’s a funny name.” Most names are until it becomes more common Krasare thought. He didn’t care that his name was funny. It meant that no one else had it. It was his and his alone.

“Krasare what are you doing here?” asked another child. Krasare wasn’t sure who it was at this point. Somehow during the course of this conversation with the kids the group grew larger and larger without Krasare noticing. There must have been at least 20 kids surrounding him now.

“I’m a traveler and an adventurer. I go and explore the land and have many fun adventures dealing with animals and monsters.” Krasare said as honestly as he could. What else could he say about what he did? This is about what he ended up doing with most of his seven years of amnesia.

A collective wow had come from the kids. Krasare could hear a mismatched chanting from the kids “Tell us a story. Tell us a story.”
If Krasare wasn’t being swarmed by kids earlier he was now. He couldn’t walk anywhere. All he could do was sit back down in his chair and say “Sure” as he chuckled. “But you guys have to calm down or else nobody will be able to hear me.”
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:05 am

((Sorry, just a really question before I hop in: Are you doing something to your text? It looks like the font is changing in a couple places and the white text on a black background is kinda difficult to read. For me anyway. Okay, That's the only question I had, time for Psyre to jump on in!))

It had been a long day. Psyre had spent hours trying to find a man for a friend, he had worked on his ability to craft, and he was now thoroughly exhausted. Normally, he would have gone to the forest and fallen asleep in his tent without even thinking of going to a tavern or anything like it. Today, however, he was hoping that chance would somehow be on his side. He had learned that the man he needed to find was in the North somewhere, and Psyre assumed that most people new to the North would go to the lodge or a similar establishment. He hoped so, anyway.

As Psyre entered, he saw a sight unlike what he had expected. A couple of men stood by the bar, but more notably, a single man, covered in snow, sat by the fire, a swarm of children surrounding him. Psyre hadn't expected to see so many children. Psyre could faintly hear the children asking for a story and the man agreeing to give them one. That caught his interest. Stories normally had good reasons for being told, and one could learn quite a lot if one simply listened. Then, Psyre noticed that the man was somewhat tanned. Psyre hoped that perhaps he had come up from one of the southern lands. It was as good a lead as any others, so Psyre walked over, pulled up a stool, and sat a bit away from the man. As he shrugged off his pack, Psyre extended his hand. "Hey, my name's Psyre. Mind if I listen to your story?"
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:24 pm

(It always does this sort of thing when I begin a post. Usually on the replies its better. As for the white text, Whenever I preview the words show up as black which can't be read on a black background so I've been changing it to white so it's readable.)

As Krasare was sitting down he noticed a man walking towards him. This man seemed no taller than himself and appeared to be well built. Extending his hand out the man offered a greeting.

"Hello Psyre, my name is Krasare. It's a pleasure to meet you." Krasare said with a welcoming smile and shaking Psyre's hand. "You are welcome to listen. I will warn you that the story I'm telling will be relatively long though."

Turning back to the group as a whole Krasare said "This will be a story about one of my journeys from a long time ago."
(OOC the font that is red will be Krasare telling the story)
"It was about 5 years ago. I was currently traveling with a small group of about 10 men and women who wanted to try and find some bandits that had been believed to be terrorizing the roadways between the Midergern and the East. I was just wandering around when they found me traveling. I offered to help them with their task. Who knew it would be such an exciting and dangerous adventure.
We were traveling down the road trying to hide the weapons we were carrying so we would look like easy targets to the bandits. The group was quite poor at hiding the weapons though. I wasn't trying because they told me to act like the only guard for the group of people. It's too bad that they really needed at least another three guards.
We ran across a couple of human corpses in the road. The corpses were fresh no more than two days old. However, the bodies seemed to have been left untouched as far as looting went. It looked like the bodies were slowly being torn apart when they died. Why would bandits do this I thought. They had left all the possible loot on the corpses and it looks more like that the people died from pain more than anything else.
Everyone was looking around the area to see if there were anymore bodies or clues as to what happened. When finally we decided to meet back up nobody had turned up anything. Something seemed off to me as we were talking. I did a quick head count and found that some one was missing. "Hey guys", I said, "weren't there ten of you?"
"Oh no, where's John?" one of the women screamed. It appeared that the one taken was one of the men that was only lightly armed. "Did anyone hear anything?" I asked.
"You know I heard rustling in the bushes around where I was, but I just thought it was an animal." said one of the men.
"Where was that?" asked the rest of the group almost in chorus.
We were shown to the bush. I decided it would be easier if the bush wasn't there so I decided to uproot it since it was so small. There was a piece of tattered clothing lying on the ground. It was the same color as what John was wearing.
I noticed something strange. Where I uprooted the bush the grass was very small since it was covered by the bush and not allowed to grow very much. But why was there a path of grass that was on the same elevation as it going away from where the bush was? The grass here is usually tall. It looked as if the grass was pushed out of the way.
"Hey guys, I think there's a path going this way." I said and proceeded down the grassy path. The others followed me, likely afraid of what got John. It was probably smarter to stay in a group anyways.
The path led to a cave. "Did anyone bring any torches?" one of the men asked. The response he got was about three people pulling out and lighting a torch each. I took one of the torches and proceeded to lead the group into the cave. The cave was quite large and also very dry. There were speckles of crystals everywhere. The torch light reflected off of the crystals lighting the cave quite a bit.
As we went further into the it eventually opened up to a big domed room. Other than the piles of rocks scattered about the room was empty. There didn't seem to be any doorways going out of this room. It was a dead end.
Everybody spread out to check the room. We would come to regret splitting up. When I was at one of the sides of the room we all heard a scream. It echoed inside the dome with and ear splitting volume. It was one of the women. Right next to her was what seemed like a pile of rocks formally was now un curled into a giant snake. It was at least 2ft wide and over 40ft long! By the time any of us actually saw the snake however the women had already been half eaten and the other half sticking out of the serpent's mouth.
We heard a laugh suddenly. It was an eerie laugh one that seemed full of pleasure and hate at the same time. A man like figure stood on the snakes back.
I don't think he could be described as human. He was humanoid in shape, but he had a tail. It looked like he also had claws. His head was oddly shaped as well, much like a serpent's. In fact I believe he was a lizard man looking back on it.
"You fools," he screamed, "you have fallen into my lair! You shall soon be devoured like the rest of your companions!" I could only assume that he was referring to John. "Now die and become food for me and my friend" he screamed as he laughed maniacally.
Everyone had pulled out their weapons by this point, but they seemed largely inadequate against such an opponent. This didn't stop the group from trying to fight. Some managed to get a stroke or two in from their swords, but the snake was just too large and fast for them. It bit off another person's head and swung its tail at the rest. Everyone seemed to be getting picked off beaten around.
I finally was able to make it over there. I charged the snake and as it swung its tail at me and for dear life I plunged my sword into its back and held on. The snake hissed fiercely trying to make me let go, but I would not. I knew that if I let go I would be dead in a matter of seconds. With all of the snakes struggling it made its wound worse by wriggling around and the sword moved due to all the force being used on it. Finally the snake stopped for a moment. I took this opportunity to pull the sword out and jump for the head. Unfortunately it was only an instant that the snake stopped. I was no sooner on the ground than when I jumped at the snake. It managed to smack me across the head with its tail.
I thought my head may have been cracked after that considering I was getting dizzy. There was nothing I could do. All this time it was still picking of the rest of the group. It finally came after me. It lunged at me trying to bite off my head. I was waiting for this. I had just enough time to duck and let it hit the wall behind me. I then jumped on top of its head and thrust my sword through the head as far as I could. The snake flailed in pain as got knocked off, my sword still in its head. It finally collapsed with a thud. As I got up I noticed a shadow moving behind a pile of rocks. I grabbed my sword from the head of the snake and headed over to the shadow.
It was the lizard-man cowering in fear. I guess he didn't have any real power without his pet. "Please spare me" he hissed since I guess that was his natural voice. I looked over at the bodies of the group I was with and was deeply saddened. I may not have known them long, but they didn't deserve this.
I turned back to the lizard-man and said "You said you were going to kill us and eat us. I'm sure that we were not your first victims either. What right do you have to live when you have denied others that?" I screamed at him. Without thinking I brought the sword down on him and he became silent and still. He would never harm anyone ever again.
I exited the cave since there wasn't much I could do to give the now dismembered bodies a proper burial. At the thought of what just happened in the cave I retched. I guess my mind automatically pushes those kinds of thoughts out when I'm fighting.
I proceeded back to the road and headed back the way we came to go back to the village they came from. Someone should tell them what happened I thought. I walked for about three hours before I came upon a village.
The village was small. I was surprised a village this small had so many people who were willing to fight. I looked for what would likely be the elder's house and knocked. A very old and crippled man answered the door. "What can I do for you?" he asked.
"This village sent out a group of people to get rid of some bandits right?" I asked. The elder nodded his head. "I'm sorry but they didn't make it. It wasn't bandits that were attacking travelers. It was a giant snake. Those men and women died valiantly trying to slay it. I'm sorry I couldn't do more to protect them." I said very solemnly.
The elder breathed a heavy sigh. Finally he said "I will talk to their families about this. So the problem was taken care of?"
"Yes" I said and then turned away to leave the village.
"Thank you for telling me this and helping those poor fellows with this problem." said the old man.
"I only wish I could've saved them" I said as I was walking away.

"Those men and women died heroes in my book. I believe we should all do our best to keep others safe from harm. They gave their lives to protect travelers and their village." said Krasare.
That may have been a more gruesome story then I should have told these kids. I guess I just get carried away when I'm doing this he thought.
"You really killed a giant snake?! Wow!" said one of the kids. "I want to be just like those friends of yours when I grow up" said another child. Other praises and chattering started erupting from the kids.
All Krasare could do was smile and think that this story was at least worth telling.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 am

When Krasare finally took the time to look outside it was dark out. Krasare knew that would be a long story, but he just seemed to have lost track of time. It was probably about time for these kids to go home.
The door to the lodge opened then, sending in a cold wind that gave Krasare shivers despite being right next to the fire. Many people were coming in. They were the dock workers. All of the kids turned and screamed "Daddy" or "Mommy" and then went running off to the group of people.
Krasare couldn't help laughing. It appeared to him that the children could only move as a mob and engulf those around them with their sheer numbers. He could hear cries from the children saying "Bye Krasare" and other variants of farewells. The large group of adults and kids eventually left the lodge, off to their homes most likely Krasare thought.
Krasare finally having a free moment turned to Pysre. Krasare didn't have much of a chance to look at the man when he first appeared thanks to all the kids tugging on him.
The man was in fact almost the same exact height as himself. He had black hair, but it looked like he cared about how that looked about as much as Krasare did, which is to say very little. The thing that struck Krasare though was the Pysre's striking eyes. They were very dark green, but for some reason seemed almost distant.
"So what can I do for you Pysre? You came over directly to me when you walked in. And decided to listen in on my story, which I hoped you enjoyed." Krasare said with a smile. "I can only assume that you would like to talk with me. I've got all the time in the world since it appears I'll be staying the night here." Krasare said this loud enough so the bartender could hear him as he turned to him. Krasare got an affirmative nod from the man and turned back to Pysre. "So then how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:10 pm

((So sorry that I haven't replied, I don't have access to non-restricted wifi right now. I will reply at some point over the next couple of days, but between wifi issues and upcoming AP exams, my replies are likely to be cut short. I apologize in advance))
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm

(No problem. Was just wondering what was going on.)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Psyre listened to the story intently. A bit gory for children, perhaps, but he couldn't help but appreciate the values being instilled in the children at such a young age. Krasare had told quite a tale, and Psyre had to wonder how much of it could be true. If the man had truly managed to kill a beast that had killed ten others -and done so five years ago- he must have been a seasoned warrior for longer than Psyre had been able to fight at all. Even if the details weren't true, however, the man had told a story that had inspired the kids to try to live brave and virtuous lives. After he had finished, he was quite direct in asking Psyre about why he had come over and listened. 

"Well, simply put, I'm looking for a man that may have come up from the South recently. You seemed a well-travelled fellow and I was hoping that you might have bumped into him. I haven't had much luck in tracking him down so far, especially because pretty much all that I know is that he seems inhuman. I'm bound to find information sooner or later, but until then, I'll just keep living life. What brings you to the North? You certainly don't seem like you were entirely prepared for the climate here..." Psyre hoped that if Krasare had run into the person he was trying to locate, he'd mention it, but Psyre was inclined to try to avoid coming across as too rude. The man seemed nice, so Psyre had already decided that he would stick around and talk for a bit even if there was no information to be gained.

((Sorry this is so short, I just wanted to shoot off a reply at the very least while I'm able to and before I forget))
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:47 am

Krasare couldn't help but laugh. It seemed everyone could see that he wasn't from the north at all and also had no idea where he was going, which is basically true.
When Krasare finally stopped laughing he said "Guess it's that obvious. As for the man you are looking for, the last time I met anyone fitting inhuman was the same man I talked about in my story. Sorry I couldn't be of more help."
Krasare finally remembered about his drying coat at the mention of traveling in the North. He checked on it and it appeared to be dry by this point. He took it off the back of the chair and put it on his lap.
"And as to coming to the North" Krasare continued "It was more on a whim than anything else. I'm a traveler by trade. I never feel right just staying in one place. I will admit that I was unprepared for the North, but it didn't help that I came from the North-Eastern Hills. It was quite damp there and my coat never fully dried off. I was freezing the entire time I've traveled in the North." Krasare chuckled at this again. "This climate seems to be unforgiving to those who aren't careful. Oh well, I guess I'll head south next towards a warmer climate."
Krasare went for another drink from his mug, but it was empty. I must've been drinking it during the story without realizing it he thought. At least he finished it. After all, he didn't want to appear rude to the bartender who had graciously given it to him.

(OOC No problem. I understand being busy.)
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:24 am

Krasare yawned. "Man I'm beat. I think I'm going to turn in for tonight. It was a pleasure to meet you Pysre."
Krasare yelled to the bartender "So where are the beds?"
The bartender replied "Up the stairs to the left."
"OK, and thanks for the drink" Krasare waved to the bartender.
"Safe journeys my friend!" said Krasare to Pysre as he turned in for the night.

(OOC exiting topic, 734 words towards dualist which will be 2000 words (Adds the class at this point), 1000 words for lesser two weapon fighting (Krasare would learn it since he meets the other requirements),1611 words towards two weapon fighting: strength, 40 points into endurance, and since my story did contain combat I was wondering if I'd be able to put in 10 to health and 10 into strength and 7 into dexterity (If not that's fine I'll just move things around and the actual story was half the post so it only would get points accordingly)).
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:04 pm

I don't see a problem, since your topic contained some sort of training (fighting counts), you can get all attributes. Just don't forget to include the total word count in your exit, not that you would get the math wrong, but just as long of a double check.

But, like I said, approved.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 9:58 pm

I apologize I meant 40 patience instead of 40 endurance
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Alrighty. Still approved.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Time (anyone can join)   Story Time (anyone can join) Empty

Back to top Go down

Story Time (anyone can join)
Page 1 of 1