A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
by The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
by The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
by Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
by The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
by The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
by The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
by The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
by Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
by Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
by The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
by The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
by Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Share | 

Dragonspawn...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Dragonspawn...?    Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:45 am

The pier lay in front of him, stretching out into the water, which was calm enough that the view was rather picturesque. Psyre shuddered. The last time he had been here, it had involved hours of grueling labor. Today likely would as well. But if work for information happened to be a trade he could make, it was one he was more than happy to. He quickly scanned the pier. No crates. None that were immediately visible, anyhow. He hoped he wouldn't be moving crated again. That had not been fun. 

Psyre looked around as he walked, trying to spot the dockworker who had been able to provide him with information the last time. Well, he probably didn't even need the same one, as he just needed to hear about any ships from the South West that either had already come to the North or were intending to do so. He hoped this strange (not quite a) person would have chosen to use a vessel that would be documented, as if he hadn't, Psyre had no idea how he was going to track the man down. After about ten minutes of walking and musing to himself, Psyre saw the dockworker. He smiled softly to himself and walked over.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize for being so rude last time. I got pretty tired, so I was quite irritable. Anyway, if you have information about ships from the South West - well, the people on them, not the ships themselves - I'll be happy to do some more work for you. I'm looking for someone who either would have come here recently or would be headed here shortly. He'd be pretty easy to notice, as people suspect that he's a) dangerous and b) not entirely human. Do you have any information about such a person? Or any idea where I'd be able to find some?"

The First Seer
Founder
Founder

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:31 pm

The older worker looked at Psyre, and chuckled slightly.

"Well now, boy," he started, "you don't need to worry about doing work for me for information no more, no sir. You're a member of The Order, just like myself, yes, and that means what I know, you know."

(assuming Psyre does not expect to hear that the old man is a part of The Order.) "Well now," he chuckled again. "Was that surprising? That I fly the eagle just like you?" He asked, leaning against a crate. "I'm not the usual member; only a few like me in each land; the fences is what we are. It's our job to be the gate keepers of info on The Order. I don't do none of the fighting or killing; I'm too old for that. I just keep my ears and eyes open, and whenever I hear something, I tell David. And whenever anyone comes knocking for information on us, I tell them to move those two hundred crates for me. No one but you've done that," he said, smiling. 

"But," the worker shook his head. "Yes, I've heard of this thing, but I'm afraid I've got nothing more to tell. Me being the fence, I opened my gate as soon as a few traders came up from the south, and I heard all I could about what was going on, then closed that gate right back up. Everything those traders know, or were willing to tell, has come up from the south, gone through me, and has been told to old man David. So, son, I'm afraid that everything you know is everything that I've passed on, and I never keep anything from other family members," he said winking. "That's what I call The Order; the family. Keeps things less suspicious to passerby's."

"But I'm getting ahead of myself," he said, again shaking his head. "You know as much as I do, so if you want to know more, you might have to find yourself some traders that have come up from the south recently."

(I'm sorry for not highlighting the speech. Too tired.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kings-and-queens-rpg.forumotion.com
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 pm

This man was also a part of the Order? Psyre couldn't contain his surprise. He had assumed that all the members would be fighters and the like. It made no sense, but for some reason, that had been the first thing that had come to his mind. Naturally, the Order needed to get its information somewhere, and people like this man were practically fountains of information, so it would make sense that they would have connections to such people in most -if not all- of the lands. And, knowing that this man was part of the Order, Psyre felt even worse about how he had treated him. He had already apologized, so he wouldn't do so again, but he silently promised himself that he would make it up to the man somehow. After all, that's not how he wanted to treat his family.

"Well, I suppose I'll go look for some traders then. Thank you very much! I'm sure I'll see you again later. Until then, farewell." Psyre bowed slightly to the man before he set off down the pier, looking for any ships or individuals bearing any sign that they might have come up from the South. The vessel would have to be larger than the average, as the voyage would be long and difficult, but Psyre wasn't particularly well acquainted with the standard size of oceangoing vessels. They didn't exactly have seas to traverse in the forest.

He stopped by a larger vessel that looked older and more worn than those around it, and hoped that he could find someone who had come from the South by it. If not, maybe they could point him in the right direction. After glancing around for a while, Psyre's eyes came to rest on a brawny, tanned man. "Excuse me, sir, did you happen to come up from the South? Or would you perhaps know which vessels did? I'm looking for a friend. He said he was headed up here, but we haven't had any correspondence since shortly before he left. Is there any chance you'd be able to help me?"

The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:59 pm

"Issat suppps'd'sa be an insult? Judgin a man by the color of his skin?" The man asked. He had endured a very long and tiring day, and though he stood a foot shorter than this man that had approached him, he decided to make one of these conversations interesting. 

He was indeed from the south, however, that did not mean he could not joke about it. Having come from the south, to the west, and then to the north, the shorter man had spent a few weeks on the boat, and nearly every conversation he had was about business. This change seemed to spark in his close to dead sense of humor.

"And I suppose your friend has all darker skin as well?" The southern man asked, purposefully avoiding the man's first question.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:13 am

Psyre paused for a moment, taken aback by the hostility of the other man. He had just asked if the man had come up from the south, but the man seemed to take it as some kind of an insult. "Sir, please, I meant no offense. I merely thought that perhaps you were more tanned because you got more sun. And yes, my friend does have darker skin. Darker than us Northerners, anyway. I spend most of my life outside, but he still sees twice as much sun as I do." Psyre realized that at this point he was just making up random things about his "friend." He hoped he'd still be able to find the man about whom David had spoken, but didn't seem to be getting anywhere. And this approach didn't really seem to be working. Psyre wanted to complete this task quickly so that he could impress David and the rest of the Order, and he wasn't about to let this impertinent sailor slow him down.

Psyre pulled out his gold with a soft jingle. "I have over fifty pieces of gold here." Psyre shook the bag for emphasis. "I'm looking for a man who came up from the south recently. People sometimes wonder if he's not entirely human-" Psyre was going out on a limb, hoping that it was people and not just the Order- "so if you've seen or heard of him, you'd probably know it. I'll give you gold according to how useful your information is. If you have none, I'll move along to the next person. I'm sorry that I'm being so rude, but this is very important to me." Psyre was groaning internally. He didn't know how to deal with people yet. In the tribe, he would have asked one of his fellow philosophers, saying that he needed the knowledge, and it would have been given to him. But in this world, the world of money and manipulation, coins and coercion, Psyre was lost. He hoped he could get the info like this, because he didn't know how to do it any other way. Well. He didn't really know how to get it this way either.

The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 pm

"Well," the shorter man said, eyeing the gold. "Ifn you're askin' so nicely, I did come up from the south, 'round a few weeks back. This vessel went the distance, as well as a few others here, I believe. But this... thing you're speakin' of..." The shorter man said, pausing, as if remembering something. 

"I wouldn't go lookin' for this friend of yours, boy," he said, shaking his head and looking back at his work. "I doubt he'd be much of a friend anymore." 

(This is miserably short, I know, but I just had to keep the topic moving, as its been ages since I've posted here.)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Phew, Psyre thought. Bribery worked. That's a relief. He pulled out two gold pieces [-2 gold] and gave them to the man. "You mentioned that he came up and suggested that you might have interacted with him. That's worth what I've given you so far." Psyre smiled gently at the man. "And believe me, I know. That's why I have to find him." Psyre was generally good at empathizing with others, so pretending to be doing so wasn't particularly difficult. "It might be dangerous, it might be stupid, but it's also my obligation. I owe it to him. It's a bit personal, but let's just say that I pretty much owe him my life." Another lie. Psyre was almost scared of how much he had been doing that lately. I'm just doing what I have to in order to get information in this broken system. That's what he told himself. I only have to do this because we're using a system much more flawed than the tribes. No matter how he tried to justify it to himself, he couldn't help but feel guilty. "And, honestly, even if something terrible does happen to me, at least you'll have your money. Please. I know what I'm getting in to." 

That was more of a lie than Psyre would realize for quite some time. But he was set on doing his first mission for the Order. He aspired to do well so that they could see the passion that drove him and just how much it meant to him to be among them. He would lose his money and dignity if he had to. He was serving the Order for the good of the world as a whole. How selfish would he have to be to value his own pride and fortune above that? No, the mission came first. He would lie and bribe as much as he needed to in order to get the job done. With his motivation renewed, Psyre pulled out all the stops.

"Please, sir. I owe him my life. I need to be able to be there for him right now. Any bit of information helps." Psyre wasn't exactly able to make himself cry, but he looked at the ground and tried to act as though he were holding back tears, rather than trying to force some out. "Please..."

The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    Thu May 14, 2015 5:51 pm

It was then that the short man seemed to vanish from existence, or more likely the inactivity in this topic from his side, not Psyre's. (couldn't think of a clever way to do it.)

However, it was also then that the worker whom had tasked Psyre with this mission appeared.

"Well, Psyre," he said, smiling slightly, not in a cruel way, but simply because he liked the boy. "I'm afraid that we have a change of plans. 
"We've just received news that every kingdom has a ruler now, and that each one of those rulers has agreed to meet at Midergern to discuss gods-know-what. 
"However, we have also heard that they will be permitted to bring a guard or two, and that you are in good standings with King Cedric....somewhat," the older worker said.

"Now, being something of interest, we would like a way to know what goes on there, but I'm afraid that we have no other man who could do it...aside from you."

(sorry for the briefness, and not coloring the text. Pointer nail too short, so it hurts to type, and a little brain dead.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonspawn...?    

Back to top Go down

Dragonspawn...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG  :: Play the Game :: The East :: Northern Cities :: Zi :: The Dockyard :: The Pier-
Jump to: