Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
Homecoming  Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
Homecoming  Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
Homecoming  Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
Homecoming  Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
Homecoming  Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Homecoming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:33 pm

A. B. had been gone a long time. It had been many years since he had set foot in his homeland, and many more still since he had been to his home. He was looking for closure, for what, he could not guess. All he knew was that he felt a strange way, one that made his search for his home, where his life had begun, and his mother's ended. The hills where he used to live were more sinister than he remembered, an air of evil seeming to blow across the rolling expanse of grass. After hours of walking, he came upon what was once a building. Whether it was his old home or not, he could not guess. There was only one way to find out, and he made his way over to the dilapidated ruins. A. B. suddenly stopped short, seeing a shadow moving in the doorway of the wreckage. Placing a hand on his sword's hilt, he lowered his center of gravity, preparing for whatever lurked inside.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Bigly had been searching the house madly for an item that sadly did not exit. After being recognized as a rabid man, full of prominent anger and illusions, the town had closed itself off to him, deeming him too dangerous to allow in. And so, Bigly had taken to the hills, searching for his sanity, though he would never find it.
Thrashing anything that moved, he had a constant lust for blood that could not be stopped. Yet, it was then, when he had been searching the runes, that Bigly happened to hear a noise outside, and snapped his head to the sound. 

It was a man, rather large, and looking dangerous. This, of course, made Bigly believe he was being challenged; something he could not stand. And so, seeing the man infuriated him, all the more with his lack of finding the imaginary object, and Bigly resolved he would kill the man, though he most likely could not.

Without saying a word, Bigly stared at the man, and drew his short sword from its place at his side, grinning wickedly. He waited for a moment, still looking at the very large man, contemplating the right time to strike.

(sorry if that's short and not so detailed. Lack of rest and writing do not mix well)
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 pm

As A. B. lowered himself into a fighting stance the shadow seemed to stand still. A. B. knew then that he had been spotted. Well, no point in being quiet now, is there? He spied a large rock lodged in the earth near his feet, a perfect weapon for this situation, bending down, he realized that this was a very large rock. Roughly rectangular in size, but tapered at the shorter ends, it measured about two feet long and about half a foot thick. It was a good thing that all the work in the dockyards as an adolescent had made him no stranger to lugging heavy cargo around. Hefting the stone in his hands, he switched his grip to the shorter edge, making it easier to throw. A. B. then spun in a circle, building up momentum and force with which to toss the stone. Reaching the point where he was about to fall over from dizzyness, A. B. released the rock, aiming for a rotten wooden beam which seemed to be supporting a good bit of what was left of the wall that the shadow seemed to come from. The stone struck, destroying the support and collapsing the wall.

((Not sure if I need to go further with this, or if it would be consider godmoding. I'll defer to you in this case and let you determine whether or not Bigly is affected.))
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 2:34 pm

(naw, that's a good place to stop. You're doing good so far.)

Bigly, still having some common sense left in him, jumped out of the broken house, and landed a few feet away, covering his head as the rock flew. He made a strange noise as he fell, and waited a few moments before standing back up. Glancing at the ruined house behind him, which was even more in ruins now, he screamed, and looked at the destroyer.

"You ruined it!" He screamed, his voice becoming very high. "You broke it! You fiend! You defiler!" 

With that, Bigly charged at the man, swinging his sword wildly before even getting in range, and closing his eyes as he did so (something a real npc would never do, as it gives you the opporunity to dodge), and dashed frantically towards where the man should be. If he hits (which, for once, he wont, he would deal 97 damage, but, with your chain mail it would actually be 47 (chain mail blocks 50 and is op as shit), but also leaving your mail with 103 hp until part of it breaks and lessens the damage it blocks). 

He would have this man's blood. Damn, he would if it meant his life. He had destroyed the object that never truly existed, and for that, he would have to die.
Back to top Go down

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:20 pm

A. B. was surprised at what jumped out from the ruin of the house. A short, sickly-looking creature, one that looked as if it had no place in this world. Strangely, A. B. thought of a name, or rather, a sound in the guise of a name, for the creature. A tossing of phlegm in the back of ones throat could approximate what came into A. B.'s mind for a spit second. Suddenly, A. B. was torn from his musings by the creature emitting a dreadful screech and charging at him, wildly flailing his weapon. It had been a while since A. B. had had to fight a man, but he knew that he could handle this wretch with ease. 

As the creature charges towards him, A. B. drew his sword and sidestepped in one fluid motion, putting himself out of the path of the creature's charge. A. B. did not particularly want to kill the sad thing attempting to take his life, and so swung the flat of his blade at the creature's temple as he ran by, hoping to stun it or knock it unconscious. 

(If fighting Bigly doesn't turn out to be too disastrous, maybe i could fight a stronger, more competent opponent after this one? I really want to get combat down, Sam and his brother have me a-shakin' plus it would give me a leg up on just about everyone else.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

(Sure thing. Also, don't forget to put how much damage you would do after stating that you are attacking. For that attack, it would be 84 (40 base damage, and then 24 strength 20 dex (ask if you want to know where those come from)).

Bigly, screeching wildly, missed. Then, as he jumped about madly thrashing with his sword, a blow struck him, though it did not draw blood. (236 hp remaining). This sparked something inside him, and his eyes flew open (kicking up the difficulty now), and ran at the man. This time, he would not miss his mark, and sword held high, swiped sideways as hard as he could (deals 97 if hits, but your chainmail blocks 50 of that, so, 47 damage.).

"Fiend!" He screeched again, his mouth frothing, and his eyes rolling in his head. He would kill this monster if the last thing he did. Little did he know, it would be the last thing he did, and he wouldn't even do it.
Back to top Go down
Raedahk Seer
Administrator
Administrator
Raedahk Seer

Glory : 5
Location : Wherever I choose to wonder, over dunes, far over yonder

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 pm

That there would be post number one thousand.
I was secretly hoping for something more epic, but at least it's not a " K. " post.
Back to top Go down

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:14 pm

(Yeah, sorry, I realized right before I went to bed that I needed to add my damage up, ill do that next time. I'm pretty sure I understand the damage scaling, so no need for a tutorial on that. Just asking, since you calculated my damage for me, did you remember to add the 25% armor ignore bonus? Just curious. Also Eli, next time Sterling makes a "K" post, you should totally ban him for shits and giggles. Not permanently, but just for a bit. Okay, long-ass OOC done, back to RP.)

A. B.'s strike did not have the effect on the small man that he had intended, the little wretch springing to attention after he had hit him with the flat of his blade. The small creature came running at him again, this time with more malicious intent than before, it was plain to see. A. B. knew now he could not hold back against this minuscule menace. He would have to end this, and quickly. He was impatient to find his old home, wherever it may be.

The little man swung again at A. B., this time a horizontal strike meant to separate A. B.'s torso from his legs. It was a vicious strike, and although A. B. knew that he would be mostly protected because of him chain mail, he wanted to minimize (pun intended) any damage that this creature wanted to do to him. A. B. waited until the impish creature was winding up to strike, and then began his maneuver. He leaned his body slightly forward, jumping back out of reach of the imp's sword as he did so, then, as the sword passed him by, sprung forward, his leaned-forward torso giving him slightly better reach on his opponent. With this, A. B. swung his weapon at the imp. (84 damage, 40 from base, 44 from str+dex scaling. Not sure if armor breaker factors into this, you haven't specified if Bigly's wearing any actual armor.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 pm

(Bigly doesn't have armor, so yeah, you do full damage, also, in combat, it is generally impossible to dodge melee attacks, but I'll let him miss on that attack.)

Bigly screeched as he watched his sword fly through the air harmlessly. It infuriated him that this demon would dodge his blow. It was something that he would not stand for. However, as he rushed forwards, another blow fell upon him, this time with the blade, as it bit into him (162 health remaining).

"Destroyer!" Bigly screamed at the top of his lungs, as the cut in his chest stung to hell. "Kill the monster!"

With these words, Bigly leapt forwards quickly, slicing diagonally upwards with his short sword (47 damage, cause of your mail.), and grinned as it flew. He knew he would not miss this time. He knew that, with this blow, the man's head would go toppling to the ground, despite the fact that he was not actually aiming for the head at all. He still knew it. He would throw it in the pond only a few feet away, which, sadly, as also a part of his imagination.
Back to top Go down

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:44 pm

(Okay, cool. Thanks for being lenient so far, this is really helping my understanding of the game so far.)

A. B. knew that he was lucky to have dodged the creature's last strike, his muscles tensing in anticipation of the next attack, which he knew he would no be so lucky with. Nevertheless, he was pleased that his rebound attack sank into the creature's flesh, a faint smile appearing on his face, even though he knew that that, too, would not work again. That small smile vanished as he felt the creatures blade strike him, leaving a wound that would require careful attention once this was over. (2400 Base health, -47 from my chain mail, 2353 hp I think.) His mail had protected him from the worst of the damage, but a few more of those and he would be in serious trouble. Gritting his teeth against the pain from the little wretch's weapon, A. B. swung his sword is a savage arc meant to wipe the conniving little grin from the creature's face. (84 dmg) A. B. knew that even if this did not kill the creature, it would put it on its last legs, which A. B. would then gladly chop off. 

(One question, is there anything in the rules pertaining to using a weapon with both hands? Because I don't have a weapon or anything other than my short sword, I was wondering if one could increase the base damage of one's weapon, or perhaps the scaling, by swinging it with both hands, as opposed to one. It may just be me, but this seems like a pretty big hole in the combat meta.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 pm

(No problem. There's no point for me not to be lenient. Also, health is only x10, not x100 like you've put. Aaand the weapons rules are still kind of in the makings with Sam. I have thought about using a weapon with two hands, but currently there are no rules on it.)

Bigly let out a scream of delight when his sword bit the monster. 

"We've killed it!" He screamed, holding his sword above his head. "We have defiled the-"

However, it was then that the blow was returned, and Bigly had no armor to block out the damage (78 health left. One more hit to go). As he was smashed backwards, Bigly screamed again.

"Noo!" He cried, and looked at A. B.. "The defiler lives! We shall kill it again!"

And with that, Bigly leapt forwards again, thrashing wildly with what would be his last attack (47 damage again, but, if he was to make one more hit, it would break part of your armor for the duration of the topic.), screaming as he did so.
Back to top Go down

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

(Whoops, sorry about the health mix-up, I guess I'm at 193 health then? I'll try and talk with Sam about two-handing, since it seems that damage output could be pretty significantly increased if one decides to forgo a shield, and right now it seems like there isn't any reason not to use a shield, aside from using a large weapon that requires two hands to use.)

A. B. was growing weary of the creature's constant screeching. And what was with this "defiler" business? Well, the creature is about dead anyway, so A. B. decided to move in to finish it off. Suddenly, A. B. was surprised with a blistering flurry of strikes the creature put forth. A. B. was amused, and continued moving in to finish off the creature. But wait, what was this? The creatures movement's had ceased, the ones in its sword arm, anyways. Why was this, he wondered. A. B. looked down, and saw to his surprise that the creature's blade had pierced his mail, cutting a small gash in his side. A. B. looked from his wound to the creature, then back to the wound again. Bringing his hand down to touch it, he grunted as he began to feel the pain from the wound. (-47, 146 hp) His hand came away bloody, A. B. rubbing his fluid in his fingers before his eyes. A. B. looked back to the creature, the wretched thing frozen in what seemed like shock, and smiled. A. B. leaned forward, letting his weight carry him down the length of the blade, ignoring the lengthening laceration on his side. He let himself come closer and closer to the creature, and let the blade go further and further along his body, until his face was inches from the creature's. In that close and very personal space, with blood running down his side, A. B. spoke for the first time in several years. "You have to die now. I'm sorry, I'm just better than you. it's not my fault being the biggest and strongest. I don't even exercise." And with that A. B. lopped off the creature's head (84 damage for the kill, assuming mobs don't go into the unconscious last-chance state like players do.)  

A. B. pulled himself off the creature's blade, wincing as he did so. The adrenalin coursing through him kept the pain away for now, but soon the combat rush he felt would leave and in its place would come pain. Looking down at the now headless body beneath him, A. B. suddenly felt very tired. There was no point in looking for his old home. More than likely there was nothing there, and it was a wreckage in worse shape than the structure he had partially destroyed earlier. A. B. knelt down and wiped his blade clean on what rags the creature had protecting its nether regions, and began to rummage around, trying to find anything worth taking (loot command). Satisfied, A. B. rose and slid his now-clean sword into its scabbard. He walked over to the ruins, now more ruined than before, in hopes of finding something over there as well (another loot command, even though it probably wont turn up anything.) With one final glance at the creature's now inanimate body, A. B. started to make his way back down the hill, back to civilization, giving the disembodied head of the creature a good kick as he walked past.

[Exit]

(1466 ic-words in topic, requesting 29 attribute points, 10 into dex, 6 into health, 13 into strength.)

(EDIT: also requesting 1466 words to be put into classing into warrior, with 574 remaining)

Last edited by A.B. Hunky on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:51 pm

(well, some spells do require to be shot from the hand, which is impossible if both hands are occupied)

And yup yup yup, looks all good to me, so, approved. You gain 10 gold. And, you don't feel like putting those 1.5 k towards any spell? Like, enrage?
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:12 pm

yup yup, approved. Interesting choice, also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homecoming  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming    Homecoming  Empty

Back to top Go down

Homecoming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG  :: Play the Game :: The North East :: Laketown :: The City :: The Misted Bluff(warning!)-
Jump to: