A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
by The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
by The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
by Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
by The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
by The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
by The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
by The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
by The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
by Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
by Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
by The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
by The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
by Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
by The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Share | 

A Youngin' With No Direction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A Youngin' With No Direction   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:31 pm

A young, black haired man sat hunched over at a table, a hood pulled up over his head. An arm lay sprawled out across the table's surface, its owner sleeping like a rock, a bit of drool ran down his cheek. Jeslan's life had taken a turn for the uneventful ever since he came back to society, causing him to lounge around and wait for something to give him a direction, or goal. Usually the young man would've been smiling or adventuring somewhere, but aimless wandering without a goal around a forest had grown boring. The weather had begun to bore him too, the white never seemed to cease. 

Eventually he would stir to life, stretching his arms up to ceiling with a yawn. Looking out of a window, he would notice the sun was on its way down, giving way to night.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:20 pm

The Seer walked into the lodge, the old wooden tavern that he knew all too well. He had been there was it had been constructed, and though that was nearly a hundred years ago, it still seemed relatively new. There was a new hero here, he knew. Another human who would rise above the others. There seemed to be more and more. He remembered when the first of them had came and gone.
He saw the man slumped on a table, seemingly asleep. Yet, he knew that this hero simply did not have direction or guidance. Perhaps he could help. The Seer, after all, could see the future. Yet, the future of hero's were always blurred, as they had the power to change it at any minute.
He walked over to the man, just as he stirred and turned to look out of a window. Night had nearly fallen, and the cold world around then would only become more harsh. 
"Hello, Jeslan," the Seer would say, his face obscured by his hood. Of course he knew the man's name. It was his purpose to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kings-and-queens-rpg.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:43 am

As Jeslan stared out of the window, he began to doze off again, forgetting to wipe the drool from his cheek. He put his hands on the window sill to prevent him from falling over, as he was struggling to fight off his urge to sleep. Or, he would've struggled had someone not said his name. He only knew a handful of people in this town, and this stranger held none of their voices. He didn't want to hear their voices anyway and he was glad this was a stranger, as he wished to spend as little time around them as possible. 

Turning his head so that his good eye was the only one the man could see, raised his eyebrow. This was a stranger, and someone he had yet to see strolling around town, so how did the man know his name?. "And who might you be? I don't recall the look of you, nor your voice." He said so in a calm manner, yet his heart fluttered with anticipation and worry.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

The Seer watched as the man seemed to remain calm, but the First knew otherwise. He was meant to. 
Taking a seat opposite of Jeslan, the Seer would keep his face mostly obscured by his hood as he answered. 
"I wouldn't expect you to know me," he started. "But I know you. I have for a hundred years now. Who I am is not important, and I have no name, instead it is who you are that is important, or perhaps I should say what you are."
He was not entirely sure what the man would think of this. He had given the same speech to the previous group, and it was only after proving his immortality that they believed the words he told them. 
Yet, he decided to add more suspense to this hero, and not immediately tell him. He would find out sooner or later, but it was the Seer's place to tell him. Power left unchecked is always dangerous. It was safer for him to tell the man, before he found out for himself.
(sorry that's short. I don't have much free time this weekend)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 pm

(I totally forgot to say he stood up in my first post. Lets forget about the bit where he grabs the window sill.) 

With an arched brow, Jeslan thought to himself, "What I am? What's he talking about?" He leaned forward resting his elbows on the table, sweat beginning to bead upon his brow. Locking his fingers together, he placed them under his nose, covering his mouth. With the oh-so slightest hint of aggrivation, he asked from under his hands, "If you're not important, then why am I, and why do you know me?"

Under normal circumstances, he would be an outgoing person, but he did just wake up, and this was a rather strange occurrence. Then again, taking month long journeys into the woods was strange too. 

[Your post length isn't a problem for me, but if you wanna start posting longer stuff I'll try to keep up. (And sorry for teh shortness on dis post, art stuffs distracted me.)]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:47 pm

The Seer smiled to himself. The way the man leaned in, the sweat on his brow, and most of all the absence of talking much. Yes, it was time to speak what was needed.
"I have known you, Jeslan, for a very long time. How I have come to know you is very difficult to explain. You see, I know everyone who was and ever will be born. You won't believe me, of course, nor do I expect you to. 
"But, none the less, I must tell you, as it is my duty. To believe me is your own decision. You, Jeslan, are different, not because of who you are now, but because of who you will become. Currently, there is almost no difference between you and any other person you see in this tavern, but there will be. Give it a day, a week, maybe a month, but very soon, you will see for yourself. You have the potential to be ten times as strong as the strongest man, and ten times as fast. While the strongest sorcerers can throw someone against the wall with a motion of their hand, you will be able to move castles with the bat of an eye. If you put yourself up to it. You are, to put it simply, a legend to be. You are not the only one, and while there are already many, there will be many more. But, you are one of the first, and it is my place to tell you this. I have already told another group, but you, Jeslan, are the beginning of a new era."
Here the Seer paused. It was nearly the same speech that he had given last time, but so far it had been successful. He wondered if this man would require the same amount of proof that the others had. He believed he would, but the future was unclear with these elevated humans. The basic human was easy to know and understand. These ones had more to them though, and their future was constantly changing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:30 pm

This was certainly a weird situation, while the man appeared to be ranting like a calm mad man, he also held an aura of knowledge around him. Jeslan thought of himself as a normal human being, incapable of performing great feats. Yet, the promise of being able to move castles with the bat of an eye sounded fun. 

Jeslan wondered how much he would have to work to gain this power, and what it would do to him as a consequence. He was doubtful, at the most. "Able to move castles with the bat of an eye," he muttered, beginning to speak up he said "Are you sure you have the right person, I can hardly outrun a wild beast giving chase, what makes you believe I could perform some miracle like that?" He lowered his head a bit in an attempt to peer under the man's hood, to get a glimpse at him, to put a face to the man before him. His nervousness had disappeared, this person didn't seem a threat, not for now anyways. "Further more, explain why this is your duty to tell these 'elevated humans'." He didn't realize he was demanding more than asking, and an apology was most likely fixing to work its way into the conversation. 

[I'm assuming that the seer looks like the profile pic, as there isn't a description anywhere. IF not, lemme know and I'll edit. ALSO sorry that took so long, school got in the way of my posting on any and all sites. It's good now though.]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 pm

(yeah, the picture was what I had in mind)
At that, the Seer chuckled lightly to himself. He knew this was the right man, but perhaps it was time to officially introduce himself. 
"I am very sure, Jeslan," he started. "Not that you are able to do what I've said, but that you will be able to. 
"Now, how do I know this, and why I must tell you, the answer is quite simple; I am a Seer. You may or may not have heard stories of us when you were a child, but if you did, you likely passed them by as just children stories. Yet, here I am, real and true. 
"I see the future, and to prepare the world for it is my duty. While your future is still largely unclear, I do know that I must prepare you for it by first telling you this. 
"I do not expect you to believe me, but I will prove it however you wish. Strike me with a weapon if you wish, and if you find the outcome sways your mind," the Seer said, gesturing with his hand. He wondered if perhaps this man would need no extra proof, though felt he might. Everyone to that point had need to watch as the dagger had been slammed between his eyes without leaving a single mark. 
Still though, he sat there, awaiting a response. He had explained what he needed. 
(it's all good. Senioridis has hit me hard, so I just kind of sit on my computer waiting for college to come, but take all the time you need.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:21 am

Simple words would not be sufficient in completely winning over Jeslan's mind. While he didn't necessarily disbelieve the man, he was still doubtful. Now, though the man was asking to be physically harmed, with a weapon. Much to the disdain of the man sitting next to him, he plucked a fork from the strangers hand, and Jeslan lurched forward over the table. His goal was to stick the fork in the man, specifically in the face. Jeslan watched as the fork pretty much slipped off his skin. 

With all the disbelief in the entire world, Jeslan sat there, mouth agape and eyes wide, as shocked as he could possibly be. What this man was saying was true, and in order to test his statement, Jeslan had just stabbed a stranger with a fork. Jeslan, was almost as shocked by his own actions, as he was the man's invulnerability. "How?" he mumbled, still in disbelief. "I'm terribly sorry," He drifted off into thought, staring blankly ahead. 

[Sorry for interrupting the dagger show, I'll edit it if ya wan't me to. AND HOLY HELL yes, senioritis is certainly starting to settle in. Half of my teachers are even like "fuck it."]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm

The Seer watched as the man picked up a fork and shoved it between his eyes. It was always a strange feeling when people tried things like this, as he could actually not feel a thing.  Instead, he simply felt a slight push on his face, and watched the fork slip off.
Watching the reaction that followed, the Seer assumed the man had changed his mind about what he had been saying. Perhaps now he would believe the words that he spoke. 
"Do you believe me now, Jeslan?" The Seer asked, leaning forwards on the table. 
He knew he would. He knew everything. 
Yet, the Seer wondered if he too would expect more. Some of the others had expected more, an adventure of sorts. There was none. From him at least. Looking in the visions, he saw that some had already found their own adventures, though it was not looking the best for a few. 

(also, psssst, how about dat backstory?)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:44 pm

(gunna post?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Holy shite. I need to post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:39 pm

[My triumphant return! Post incoming. Finally.]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Jeslan was still a bit dazed, but managed a quick "Yes, I believe you." He sat for moment in silence, staring at the table. His eyes would dart up to meet the seer's, "Err, well.... I believe there's something weird about you." He clurched his hands together, and shrugged, willing to listen to what ever else the man had to say. 

[Sorry for the weak post, it'll probably take me a few days to get back into the groove of things. Not a few days of inactivity, just some crappy posts.]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:09 pm

The Seer nodded slightly. 
"Good," he said, trying to gaze into the future of this man. It may take him a week to step into the shoes he was made for, but in the visions, the Seer could see that someday, and not very distant, this one may rise above the others. 
"Then perhaps you will learn to believe yourself as well," he continued. "But, as for myself, I'm afraid that is all. I did not come to lead you on a grand adventure," though he did not doubt the man's ability to find one, "nor to tell you of an ancient prophecy," though those too were also to be found in the world, "but simply to tell you about yourself, and that is all."
He leaned back, preparing to make his leave. This one had potential. All the other's did as well, otherwise he would not have spoken to them, but perhaps the fact that this man had come on his own rather than with the group meant that, rather than gaining power with a group, he might go even further without others to hold him back. 
(It's fine. I'm a bit out of the loop, but don't worry about the topic ending, you can venture into a danger area for battle excitement, or wait until I make a good npc, rather than a bad one.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Jeslan still had a hard time actually accepting what had happened. Fairy tales don't normally just spring to life one day, but he sat taking to something straight out of a legend. Surely the legend didn't mean to tell Jeslan who he was psychologically, but more of what he was in terms of ability and power. He looked up at the man, "So that's all." he said. Jeslan, stood and took a few slow steps to the door, before turning to say, "Well then, I'll be off." His full intentions were to go test the man's claims. 

[Exit, I GOT SOMEONE TO JOIN! He'll be making a character soon. I can vouch for his RP]
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:37 pm

(Woot woot! yay for more players! Also, don't forget, you can gain patience and memory levels from any topic)

The Seer watched the man go, and nodded his head. He felt that this one would go far in what ever grand adventure would take over the world.

(Exit.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Youngin' With No Direction   

Back to top Go down

A Youngin' With No Direction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1